Sporting Arrogance

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Re: Sporting Arrogance

Post  cosmic scouser 192 on Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:37 am

INTERNET MALE wrote:

Sky Sports presenter Jeff Stelling has been unveiled as the new host of much-loved quiz show Countdown.

Mr Stelling, who became a household name following his stint on Soccer Saturday on Sky, will be joined on the programme by Oxford University-educated maths genius Rachel Riley.

The duo will front the new series of the cult quiz when it hits the screens in January.

Mr Stelling was awarded Sports Broadcaster of the Year by the Sports Journalists' Association for the third successive time earlier this year.

He said: "I am delighted to be hosting Countdown and follow in the footsteps of such great broadcasters as Richard Whiteley, Des Lynam and Des O'Connor."

Rachel Riley, 22, graduated from Oriel College, Oxford with a Masters Degree in Mathematics.

She fought off stiff competition from more than 1,000 applicants to step into the shoes of Countdown legend Carol Vorderman.

For the Countdown auditions, Riley and other applicants had to conduct an interview and were tested on their maths skills.

She was then shortlisted alongside five others for a screen test in Leeds where candidates had to put up several letter selections and tackle various maths games at the numbers board.

Riley said: "This is the best graduate job in the world. There's only one cool maths job around and I was lucky enough to get it so I'm absolutely thrilled."

just seen this, BBC most read just says sky presenter and I was hoping it'd be Jeremy Thompson, just so he could use his SOTD quote during an episode
cosmic scouser 192
Hardcore
Hardcore

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  INTERNET MALE on Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:41 pm

THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
INTERNET MALE
Mod
Mod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Speaking of arrogant United supporters...

Post  Berlin knives on Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:03 am

City's star man Robinho admits he followed the Reds when he was younger in order to watch his hero Ruud van Nistelrooy in action.

Couldn't he have still done that from the Real Madrid bench Wink
Berlin knives

View user profile http://www.bebo.com/berlinknives

Back to top Go down

Post  Stu on Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:36 am

ahahaha Mark Viduka on MOTD last night, when asked about the Middlesborough fans attitude towards him when he came on as a sub against them

I know they all love me deep down

smugsmugsmugsmugsmugsmugsmugsmugsmugsmugsmugsmugsmugsmugsmugsmugVery Happy
Stu
Semi-hardcore
Semi-hardcore

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/self_healer

Back to top Go down

Post  Wilkesandliberty on Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:33 pm

Sorry folks but it had to be included.

Wilkesandliberty
Mod
Mod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  INTERNET MALE on Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:55 am

ANTONIO CASSANO

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/columnists/gabriele_marcotti/article5263546.ece

He already has a plan for life after football. “I plan to get fat,” he writes. “I mean really, really fat. Even now, when I don’t play for a month, I’ll put on a dozen pounds. I plan on eating. A lot. I plan on eating everything.”

smug smug

INTERNET MALE
Mod
Mod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Wull_1977 on Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:24 pm

INTERNET MALE wrote:ANTONIO CASSANO

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/columnists/gabriele_marcotti/article5263546.ece

He already has a plan for life after football. “I plan to get fat,” he writes. “I mean really, really fat. Even now, when I don’t play for a month, I’ll put on a dozen pounds. I plan on eating. A lot. I plan on eating everything.”

smug smug

HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!
Wull_1977
Semi-hardcore
Semi-hardcore

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  cosmic scouser 192 on Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:13 pm

smug smug

Clearly an advocate of the Marradonna school of professionalism

he'll be an international manager one day, you mark my words
cosmic scouser 192
Hardcore
Hardcore

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Berlin knives on Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:57 pm

Last edited by Berlin knives on Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Berlin knives

Back to top Go down

Post  INTERNET MALE on Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:35 pm

INTERNET MALE
Mod
Mod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  cosmic scouser 192 on Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:07 am

(glurp, glurp) smug
cosmic scouser 192
Hardcore
Hardcore

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  elisa on Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:44 am

smug smug

You know:

Buffon Gianluigi
Zambrotta Gianluca
Cannavaro Fabio
Materazzi Marco
Grosso Fabio
Gattuso Gennaro
Pirlo Andrea
Camoranesi Mauro
Totti Francesco
Perrotta Simone
Toni Luca

ITALY IS CURRENTLY WORLD CHAMPION!

elisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  elisa on Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:46 am

Make you a laugh.... Very Happy

elisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  INTERNET MALE on Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:11 am

In responding to transfer speculation about players on his squad, Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis told reporters, "If these players piss me off, then, OK, they can piss off to England. But they need to understand this: The English live badly, eat badly and their women do not wash their [private parts]. To them, a bidet is a mystery."
smug

INTERNET MALE
Mod
Mod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Berlin knives on Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:14 am

Berlin knives

Back to top Go down

Post  cosmic scouser 192 on Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:57 am

Rafa's pissed off:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/7820615.stm
"Or there is another option. That Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple."
cosmic scouser 192
Hardcore
Hardcore

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Glurve on Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:26 am

UFC Fighter Rampage Jackson has pled guilty to going on a rampage last last year

Driving wildly, smashing into other cars and then tearing away from the Police in a car the size of a small house with your picture on the side of it smug
Glurve
Hardcore
Hardcore

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=732885331

Back to top Go down

Post  Wilkesandliberty on Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:11 pm

cosmic scouser 192 wrote:Rafa's pissed off:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/7820615.stm
"Or there is another option. That Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple."

The point about respect is pretty accurate for a number of managers mind, one week they will be saying that it's a respect campaign issue and the next they will be ranting how shite the respect campaign is. I think this is about Mascherano and the response Fergie came up with afterwards and then the resulting week really laying into the Ref when they lost to pompey, Rafa's had time off see thats why it took so long.

But yeah he's probably done it himself, this respect campaign needs a system of complaints and needs re-doing but it's worked for some teams.

Wilkesandliberty
Mod
Mod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Asriel on Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:16 pm

These managers will always put pressure on referees because in most cases it works, all of the top four get more favourable descisions than the likes of hull and stoke. When managers know refs won't take this crap anymore they'll think twice about laying in them.

A campaign or a 10k fine won't change anything, especially when 2 or 3 points can be gained.
Asriel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Glurve on Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:29 pm

http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~kritip/managers%20job.htm

THINGS TO DO BEFORE YOU'RE THIRTY

apply for a preimership or championship managers job

why?

I reckon I could do this. Especially the england job. And my experience on Football Manager 2005 (managerial history: Liverpool, Nuneaton, Rushden, Chievo, Kalmar, Malmo, Doncaster, Real Madrid... the list goes on) should stand me in good stead.

done?

yup, 19/05/2006

17/06/2006

So close...

Brilliant stuff.
Glurve
Hardcore
Hardcore

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=732885331

Back to top Go down

Post  Obscure Thing on Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:48 pm

haha, that's quality Very Happy
Obscure Thing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  cosmic scouser 192 on Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:56 am

Frank McAvennie fighting in car park

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/isle_of_man/7824092.stm

this has to make it onto soccer AM
cosmic scouser 192
Hardcore
Hardcore

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  cosmic scouser 192 on Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:28 am

smugsmugsmug
cosmic scouser 192
Hardcore
Hardcore

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rocky on Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:51 am

Rocky

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rocky on Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:47 am

Best BBC 606 post in a while.

Arrogant fans

Arsenal - Sometimes arrogant, most are pure football fans who don't wind you up and brag after a win, you rarely see them on other 606 boards winding other sets of fans up, a good knowledge of football and can take a defeat, good to see them sticking by their team.

Aston Villa - One of the most arrogant. This season and last have been the only ones where they have been up their challenging, and don't their fans let you know it? They still don't sell out at home, and have been bragging about their recent performances instead of just taking it like they should, because it will only come back and bite you on the bottom.

Blackburn - Most of them are pretty decent, but you seem to get the idiots when they come up to St James', they will let you know about the result if it goes against you, however most of them are pretty sound and I am able to have a good footballing chat with them.

Chelsea - Not that bad, but obviously would never shut up when they got taken over, and still have that arrogance about them, however are quite quiet at the moment for obvious reasons.

Everton - Very arrogant when things go their way I find, all talk, you never hear a peep if they get a bad result.

Hull - The big flight has gone to their head, and why not? They have a good footballing knowledge and give credit when it is due, which is good to see, however things could come crashing straight back down to earth.

Liverpool - VERY arrogant when winning, yet at the moment they seem to be quiet, probably because they have thrown the league away again in my opinion because of poor mamangement, and their fans certainly have a different attitude now than they did a few weeks ago.

Manchester City - The most arrogant of them all. Because they are now the richest in the world, their fans are awful when it comes to bragging about it. The lack of knowledge in their chants shows considering they sang to a 2000 strong Newcastle army on a wednesday night, 'Where were you when you were....' I say lack of knowledge because well, we are ...., we aren't amazing, we know that, to say we are now good? I think they have lost the plot, where were they before the take over? Best fans? Kidding me!

Manchester United - The one everyone used to hate with a passion, however latley, sorry Newcastle fans, but they are pretty decent fans, they also give credit when it is due, they can always have a good chat about the football, and rarely sing against their team, but rather roar their team on for more success which is good to see, their support has improved a lot!

Middlesbrough - Being a local team all I have seem from them is arrogance against Newcastle, however its only a small minority, the rest are pure boro supporters, who don't go around being a WUM but celebrate wins, like anyone else does, but in an appropriate manner.

Newcastle - When we were up there we had great respect for other fans, I don't think we were arrogant at all, now we have some idiots, we have more kids going to away games to abuse the home fans which really grates on me, however we have some pure fans who can always have a laugh and good conversation with fellow football fans.

Pompey - Great fans, I have to admit they really are fantastic, a great attitude towards their team and other fans, and have no intention of abusing other supporters.

Stoke - Top flight has gone to their head, great fans when singing for their team but get very arrogant when things go their way. It seems to only come from a small minority though.

Spurs - ARROGANT all over, when things go their way they abuse every team, but are all quiet when things go all wrong!

Some replies:

Everyone but Newcastle are arrogant! Little geordie angels they are!

I think you've just managed to wind up every single PL supporter on the 606 boards.

(Except for Pompey. But then there's only 6 of them and 5 of those can't remember their password.)

6 ?!? There are three: that bloke with a bell, the bell and a ship's cat and none of them have poseable thumbs.

Slightly biased methinks!
Rocky

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum