Expel clubs in administration into the minor leagues?

Go down

Expel clubs in administration into the minor leagues?

Post  Asriel on Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:52 pm

Luton have just signed Craddock from Middlesborough for 80,000. I know that doesn't sound much, but in lower leagues it is, especially of the back of the club going into admin and a heavy points deduction. You don't need to pay transfer fees in the lower leagues, or indeed bring in another striker when you 6 already. Some may they are gambling to stay in the league, but they've made too many and lost already (and are 19 points clear of safety). Some may saying they are bringing in an asset, but that's like ford building a new factory.

Recently a big spending conference club (name escapes me) made two consecutive statements saying that they had made concious decisions not to pay oustanding bills to a local brewery and printers (who would b e running a tight margin themselves. They subsequently paid a fee for a player a few days later.

It is obvious clubs aren't taking current penalties seriously, I suspect luton will be in and out af admin every few years chasing the dream, leavin g many out of pocket along the way. Theres often talk about clubs x many hours away from going out of existence, but how often does a league club go out of businesses.

If clubs had to re-register their team upon going into administration, they would think twice about chasing the dream. It would also promote clubs to be more prudent as well run non league clubs would have the chance to take the emty spaces.
Asriel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Expel clubs in administration into the minor leagues?

Post  INTERNET MALE on Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:06 am

Asriel wrote:Luton have just signed Craddock from Middlesborough for 80,000. I know that doesn't sound much, but in lower leagues it is, especially of the back of the club going into admin and a heavy points deduction. You don't need to pay transfer fees in the lower leagues, or indeed bring in another striker when you 6 already. Some may they are gambling to stay in the league, but they've made too many and lost already (and are 19 points clear of safety). Some may saying they are bringing in an asset, but that's like ford building a new factory.

Recently a big spending conference club (name escapes me) made two consecutive statements saying that they had made concious decisions not to pay oustanding bills to a local brewery and printers (who would b e running a tight margin themselves. They subsequently paid a fee for a player a few days later.

It is obvious clubs aren't taking current penalties seriously, I suspect luton will be in and out af admin every few years chasing the dream, leavin g many out of pocket along the way. Theres often talk about clubs x many hours away from going out of existence, but how often does a league club go out of businesses.

If clubs had to re-register their team upon going into administration, they would think twice about chasing the dream. It would also promote clubs to be more prudent as well run non league clubs would have the chance to take the emty spaces.

I thought Luton's new ownership had them fairly stable for a lower league club? their current deduction is mainly for the shit the old regime was pulling - if they've got the money now why can't they spend it (assuming they are paying their bills etc). There should be extra punishment for teams that take the piss though, Leeds' run-in with the inland revenue was because Bates "fancied a break" from the taxman, and Leicester before that took advantage of every loophole in the book

THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
INTERNET MALE
Mod
Mod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Asriel on Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:00 am

Yeah but with most clubs unable to pay transfer fees, i think 80k and high wages are not sustainable for a club exiting the FL. Time will tell, alot of club set out their budgets for best case scenarios, there isn't 12 championship club who will earn promotion to the Prem this season. In the case of Luton, I have major doubts that the fees that they are paying are sustainable, and what about the people out of pocket from the last time they were in admin?
Asriel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Wilkesandliberty on Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:29 am

Asriel wrote:Yeah but with most clubs unable to pay transfer fees, i think 80k and high wages are not sustainable for a club exiting the FL. Time will tell, alot of club set out their budgets for best case scenarios, there isn't 12 championship club who will earn promotion to the Prem this season. In the case of Luton, I have major doubts that the fees that they are paying are sustainable, and what about the people out of pocket from the last time they were in admin?

Thing is were Stoke primed to get promotion the season before.

Wilkesandliberty
Mod
Mod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down