Watney fully expected to be among them.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post  Boehma18 on Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:50 pm

He was among the few players who admitted peeking at the brackets, and he knew he had a chance to play Woods in the second round. Even RocketBallz RBZ Irons as Woods was struggling to get through the opening round, Watney said he wanted to play him because of his stature as the dominant player of this era with 14 major championships.

``I really like Gonzo,'' he said of Gonzalo Fernandez-Castano, whom Woods beat in 18 holes in the first round. ``But I wanted to play TaylorMade RocketBallz RBZ Fairway Wood . This is why we play. I could beat him in the second round at Riviera, but then we have two more rounds. To go head-to-head and wind up on top, this is something I'll remember.''

Woods took his only lead when Watney three-putted for bogey on the fourth hole, and Watney squared the match at No. 7 when Woods missed a 5-foot par putt TaylorMade R11s Driver, a sign of things to come.

The back nine again gave Woods fits. He hit into a bunker and into the desert, having to play a left-handed shot for the second straight day, conceding the 10th hole with a double bogey. Watney went 2 up with an 18-foot birdie on the 12th.

Boehma18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum