Your club's season so far (why Boro are great)

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Your club's season so far (why Boro are great)

Post  mike on Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:02 am

How do you rate your cub this season so far?

I'm chuffed with Boro. We were so unlucky to lose to Liverpool and then we've won our other two games. We've conceded 4 so far but 3 were unlucky own goals so really the defense is looking good. Alves' freekick today was brilliant.

Wouldn't like to be an Everton fan at the moment.
mike

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Your club's season so far (why Boro are great)

Post  Glurve on Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:16 am

Manchester United...better start than last season and no game for 15 days .

Forest...doing better than derby and at the end of the day, isn't that whats really important?
Glurve
Hardcore
Hardcore

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=732885331

Back to top Go down

Post  MARKZEEEVILDUDE on Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:48 am

spurs, lost 2 games, with new players across the park(maybe not to bad after last year), i best pre-season striker hasn't scored, the usual players injured, berba prob going and a rusky coming in, but not in time to face chelski.

at least Robbie keane hasn't been playing great, a decent central defender with good fitness levels before monday....please
MARKZEEEVILDUDE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Glurve on Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:57 am

spurs are fucked. it makes me laugh how they were talking about maybe breaking into the top 4.
Glurve
Hardcore
Hardcore

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=732885331

Back to top Go down

Post  INTERNET MALE on Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:29 pm

oh man. I was somewhat happy with a 0-0 away to Burnley. I still think we'll stay up and have tremendous faith in Paul Sturrock but the last 6 months or so have been brutal for fan morale. every time you start to get optimistic a signing falls through, a decent player leaves, the wanker contingent of our fanbase do something stupid, our goalkeeper kills some kids. things have to start looking up soon. at least Graham Stack looks an inspired signing, and deservedly earned his first clean sheet today.

Middlesborough look really good this season tbf, I've never rated Southgate as a manager but he seems to be proving me wrong, and not just for signing wise FM07 mate Didier Digard

THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
INTERNET MALE
Mod
Mod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rocky on Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:51 pm

Vincent Slice wrote:spurs are fucked. it makes me laugh how they were talking about maybe breaking into the top 4.

Are we going down? bankruptcy beckons? Over the top tabloid hyperbole. I'm happy with the overall direction since Levy replaced Sugar. A good squad is being built, a good manager is in charge, the finances are extremely healthy, we won a trophy last year which becomes rarer and rarer for clubs outside the top 4, we have qualified for europe 3 seasons in a row. Some perspective please.

I must have missed Poyet/Levy/comolli saying anything about top 4, Ramos can hardly order a beer in english, and the only 2 spurs supporters on this board I know of was pretty pesimistic before the season started. Jermaine Jenas might have opened his big mouth at some point, but I can guarantee you that the question was something like "so jermaine can spurs challenge the top 4 this season" and the answer was some standard you never know blablabla and the headline "Jenas:we're going for the title"

Man utd supporters; arrogant wankers Wink
Rocky

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mike on Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:05 pm

INTERNET MALE wrote:oh man. I was somewhat happy with a 0-0 away to Burnley. I still think we'll stay up and have tremendous faith in Paul Sturrock but the last 6 months or so have been brutal for fan morale. every time you start to get optimistic a signing falls through, a decent player leaves, the wanker contingent of our fanbase do something stupid, our goalkeeper kills some kids. things have to start looking up soon. at least Graham Stack looks an inspired signing, and deservedly earned his first clean sheet today.

Middlesborough look really good this season tbf, I've never rated Southgate as a manager but he seems to be proving me wrong, and not just for signing wise FM07 mate Didier Digard

I've somehow only managed to notice Digard on FM07 last week, but can't tempt him to join my club. Can't wait until November for FM08 so they can fix the match engine. It seems to be impossible to hold onto a 1 goal lead anymore.
mike

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  cosmic scouser 192 on Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:01 pm

Carragher and Gerrard scored ours, they weren't own goals Wink

my team's doing well, even if they are relying on the Man U special of a late winner

and it cheers me to see everton in the drop zone
cosmic scouser 192
Hardcore
Hardcore

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Wull_1977 on Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:29 pm

Wull_1977
Semi-hardcore
Semi-hardcore

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Wilkesandliberty on Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:45 pm

Fucking awful start to the season, we've looked shockingly shite.....

Liverpool Fc by the way, commenting about Boro you can't really concede goals to Jamie Carragher even with the deflection.

Wilkesandliberty
Mod
Mod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  cosmic scouser 192 on Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:20 am

Wilkesandliberty wrote:Fucking awful start to the season, we've looked shockingly shite.....

well yeh, but i'd rather we played shite and got some lucky goals than play shite and end up with tottenham at the bottom of the table, and at least we've got a cushion at the moment whilst we sort ourselves out
cosmic scouser 192
Hardcore
Hardcore

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rocky on Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:32 am

So you're on of those fans that prefer that your team wins?

Brilliant reasoning as always.
Rocky

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  cosmic scouser 192 on Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:46 am

we need to sort ourselves out, otherwise we won't make the UEFA cup next season. there's no question of that, but the way we've played the last four games i'm happy with the results we've got, it's a better situation for us than we deserve and makes our season easier if we do manage to turn things around before the derby

Kuyt certainly looked more relaxed on his weekly round of golf on thursday than he did a fortnight earlier
cosmic scouser 192
Hardcore
Hardcore

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rocky on Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:31 am

cosmic scouser 192 wrote:we need to sort ourselves out, otherwise we won't make the UEFA cup next season.

Which teams have any chance finishing in front of you except man u, arsenal and chelsea?

Portsmouth, Everton, Man City, West Ham, blackburn, villa...none of the teams finishing 5-10 last year look that dangerous. Early days still, but it is no coincidence that teams like liverpool win even on shit days.

Anyway, morale booster today. Well done Gomes.

edit: The only scenario I can see you drop out of the top 4 in is a long term injury to Torres. Very limited back up, unless this Ngog guy is brilliant. A hamstring shouldn't be that dramatic though.
Rocky

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Wilkesandliberty on Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:22 am

ITK wrote:
cosmic scouser 192 wrote:we need to sort ourselves out, otherwise we won't make the UEFA cup next season.

Which teams have any chance finishing in front of you except man u, arsenal and chelsea?

Portsmouth, Everton, Man City, West Ham, blackburn, villa...none of the teams finishing 5-10 last year look that dangerous. Early days still, but it is no coincidence that teams like liverpool win even on shit days.

Anyway, morale booster today. Well done Gomes.

edit: The only scenario I can see you drop out of the top 4 in is a long term injury to Torres. Very limited back up, unless this Ngog guy is brilliant. A hamstring shouldn't be that dramatic though.

Fuck off.....Liverpool are shite let us be shite, spurs to frankly honest should be up there but you've looked awful til today so from a spurs fan i laugh at that.

Wilkesandliberty
Mod
Mod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rocky on Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:36 am

Wilkesandliberty wrote:

Fuck off.....Liverpool are shite let us be shite, spurs to frankly honest should be up there but you've looked awful til today so from a spurs fan i laugh at that.

laugh at what? did I have a go at liverpool? as coherent as a turd as always. Saying that liverpool is too good to finish outside the top 4 is an insult now? Jesus christ what a bunch of sensitive fuckwits you muppets are. Fuck off indeed.
Rocky

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Wilkesandliberty on Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:26 pm

Your basically assuming it will happen and judging on what i've seen so far i wouldn't say it will.

Did i mention the words "insult" in my post, No. You've basically read it and made up what i meant in your head because as you suggest it's incoherent but thanks for that insult (see i've now mentioned the word), for the money Spurs have had and the talent they have had they should have been higher, so should Liverpool so i won't deny that.

Not sure what you mean by "your all a bunch of senstive fuckwits" comment, but i think it relates to the club i support if thats the case no were not "all the same" some of us see Hillsborough as a tragic accident that some blame can be placed at both sides the police and the fans, some of us don't remember Hysen and the majority of us weren't involved and would never call the ones who did fans, and some of us laughed at Boris Johnson's comments on Liverpool, some of us don't use James Bulger as an excuse to villify anyone young.

We are fans of a football team, you don't suggest some of the cunts at Plymouth are anything like Geraint do you? and not every Spurs fan is a Jew, likewise Manchester Utd fans don't all eat Prawn sandwiches and come from Watford. We leave fake persona's to our neighbours "the peoples club" Everton, a club so stuck in the past they bleat about Hysen like it happened yesterday if anyones obssessed with the past it's the fans of Everton football club, but then again not all of them are.

Coherent enough?

Wilkesandliberty
Mod
Mod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rocky on Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:26 am

Wilkesandliberty wrote:Your basically assuming it will happen and judging on what i've seen so far i wouldn't say it will.

Liverpool will finish in the top 4 this season. I'll bump this when they do Wink

Basicallywilkesandliberty wrote:
Did i mention the words "insult" in my post, No. You've basically read it and made up what i meant in your head because as you suggest it's incoherent but thanks for that insult

I assumed you were upset about something based on the general tone and charming start of your post. My mistake then.

Wilkesandliberty wrote: for the money Spurs have had and the talent they have had they should have been higher, so should Liverpool so i won't deny that.

You're 2nd! I don't get what you are on about at all, all I wrote was that Liverpool will finish in the top 4. I don't see what spurs has to do with any of this.

Pretty coherent, but I still don't have a clue what provoced your initial reaction.
Rocky

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Wilkesandliberty on Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:51 am

Drunkness.

Wilkesandliberty
Mod
Mod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rocky on Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:43 am

There's a new chelsea in town, city's new masters are negotiating with Berbatov, Gomez and Villa according to the BBC. Would be amusing if they snatched Berbatov from old baconface.
Rocky

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  INTERNET MALE on Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:53 am

Man City discussion belongs in the arrogance area today surely? choked when it came out that Mark Hughes would discuss terms with Berbatov after finishing his round of golf smug

THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
INTERNET MALE
Mod
Mod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Wilkesandliberty on Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:27 pm

ITK wrote:
Wilkesandliberty wrote:Your basically assuming it will happen and judging on what i've seen so far i wouldn't say it will.

Liverpool will finish in the top 4 this season. I'll bump this when they do Wink

Ummm Neutral

Wilkesandliberty
Mod
Mod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rocky on Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:49 am

We have one striker available to play in Europe.

Replaced Berbatov/Keane/Defoe with Rebrovchencko/Fraizer Campbell/Bent <-----Pure insanity

And of course no half decent DM.

Positives:

Always liked Corluka, and City helped us squeeze some extra millions out of the yankees.

A couple of months without transfer rumours.
Rocky

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Wilkesandliberty on Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:08 am

ITK wrote:We have one striker available to play in Europe.

Replaced Berbatov/Keane/Defoe with Rebrovchencko/Fraizer Campbell/Bent <-----Pure insanity

Positives:

Always liked Corluka, and City helped us squeeze some extra millions out of the yankees.

Doubt it.

Wilkesandliberty
Mod
Mod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rocky on Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:13 am

Wilkesandliberty wrote:
ITK wrote:We have one striker available to play in Europe.

Positives:

Doubt it.

You're probably right, and now the manager trading start as well.

Keegan to replace keane at liverpool, keane back to spurs, pavblablachencko to united (manc if he's a succes, west ham if he's a flop) Heard it here first lads. yeah, and wise to be killed by an angry mob before midnight.
Rocky

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next