F1 GPs

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Re: F1 GPs

Post  INTERNET MALE on Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:41 am

cosmic scouser 192 wrote:fair enough, didn't think vettel had stopped.

it was still more than just the tyres that caused Glock to slow down though.

how? Trulli was losing ground at a very similar rate, the conditions of the last 2 laps you're going to lose a ton of time on dry tyres

THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
INTERNET MALE
Mod
Mod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  cosmic scouser 192 on Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:50 am

INTERNET MALE wrote:

how? Trulli was losing ground at a very similar rate, the conditions of the last 2 laps you're going to lose a ton of time on dry tyres

mainly because of Glock's light going out. when he passed hamilton it was flashing as it was supposed to, and then was out when hamilton passed him. suggests some kind of electrical failure
cosmic scouser 192
Hardcore
Hardcore

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mash on Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:14 am

cosmic scouser 192 wrote:
INTERNET MALE wrote:

mainly because of Glock's light going out. when he passed hamilton it was flashing as it was supposed to, and then was out when hamilton passed him. suggests some kind of electrical failure

wtf? That's not indicative of an electrical failure. As Geraint said, Glock and Trulli were the only cars on track on dry tyres (Glock personally made the call to stay out on them; and if he'd changed, he would have been behind Hamilton), and posted similar final lap times - tyres were what slowed them down. But if you're going for the full-on conspriracy theorizing, you could say that if they were gonna get Glock to let Hamilton through, then they'd have had to have Trulli in on it too to cover up. Obviously. Rolling Eyes

Glock gambled, but still got some points. That is all. Didn't half do it in spectacular fashion though! And what was with Kubica? How was he so much faster than Vettel and Hamilton? Could understand Hamilton being jittery and letting him through to make sure nothing happened, but he had to get past Vettel, who was quicker. If Hamilton was truly channeling the spirit of Senna, he'd have gone and clocked Kubica after the race like Irvine in Suzuka '93 Very Happy
mash

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/mattcherng

Back to top Go down

Post  cosmic scouser 192 on Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:37 pm

ok, just re-watched the last lap. my biggest problem was that I didn't realise that it was Kubica who overtook vettel and hamilton, thought it was glock. the pub was too noisy so couldn't hear the commentary.
cosmic scouser 192
Hardcore
Hardcore

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  David on Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:49 pm

What an unbelivable GP. I almost had a heart attack watching the last few laps :-). I haven't been that exicted watching a gp since Brazil 03 when Jordan won their last gp. Those last few laps sum up why I love F1 so much.

Mass was deffo the best driver on the day but Hamilton was the much better over the season.

The last 3 seasons have been fantastic.
David

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  pinkhandbag IV on Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:55 pm

YAWN

&

BROING
pinkhandbag IV
Mod
Mod

View user profile http://www.engplas.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Wilkesandliberty on Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:42 pm

pinkhandbag IV wrote:YAWN

&

BROING

Pointless post 2001

Wilkesandliberty
Mod
Mod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  cosmic scouser 192 on Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:43 pm

just seen the news about Honda, absolutely gutted. Honestly thought they'd be fighting with Red Bull and Sauber next season with Ross Brawn having had time to get his bearings and institute some changes. Hopefully if it does get sold he'll stay with the new team
cosmic scouser 192
Hardcore
Hardcore

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mash on Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:37 am

Didn't see this coming... F1 is so screwed at the moment! Gerhard Berger had the right idea, having recently sold his Toro Rosso shares back to Mateschitz (ie Red Bull) only last week.

Would love to see Dave Richards smugly take back the Honda team for a fraction of it's worth, but is probably unlikely, as they're a massive outfit (biggest budget in F1 bar none, bigger than Toyota and Ferrari). Would be good for Button too as Richards is a big fan. Otherwise JB may have to shoot it out for the Toro Rosso seat with Sato and Bourdais (Buemi - ANOTHER Sebastian - confirmed in the other seat).

I think there's some kind of protocol (I need to look that up) if there's too few team entries, teams have to run three cars, so that's another possible option for Button. Really hope they find a buyer though. Would be a big fucking waste of Ross Brawn too. Bruno Senna must also be kicking himself for turning down Toro Rosso and Williams tests.

And then there's Bernie's mental medal system (hopefully the teams will reject it), and Mark Webber cementing his reputation as F1's unluckiest driver by breaking a leg in his own Tasmanian bike race. (Potentially another short term option for Button if Webbo isn't fit for star of next season?).

Cosworth have also just won the tender to supply the single engine and gearbox from 2011, though I think teams may still be able to veto the idea. I don't like it myself, but if it's what cuts costs and saves the sport, it may be the only way. 2008 may have been the last season of F1 as we know it :s
mash

Back to top Go down

Post  cosmic scouser 192 on Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:42 am

i think the minimum teams is a lot less than they're looking at having next season if there is no honda.

I can't see Sato having a shot at the Torro Rosso seat, or ever driving again in the sport. There was talk a few years ago of Eddie Jordan, Eddie Irvine and others forming a conglomerate to buy a team, so mebbe that'll resurface, would also love to see Paul Stoddart make a return to the sport.

Will be interesting this time next year to see if Torro Rosso have managed to find a new owner since no-one's allowed to run two teams as of 2011
cosmic scouser 192
Hardcore
Hardcore

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mash on Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:52 am

cosmic scouser 192 wrote:i think the minimum teams is a lot less than they're looking at having next season if there is no honda.

I can't see Sato having a shot at the Torro Rosso seat, or ever driving again in the sport. There was talk a few years ago of Eddie Jordan, Eddie Irvine and others forming a conglomerate to buy a team, so mebbe that'll resurface, would also love to see Paul Stoddart make a return to the sport.

Will be interesting this time next year to see if Torro Rosso have managed to find a new owner since no-one's allowed to run two teams as of 2011

Yeah, the min teams no is probably less, but if more teams start pulling out it could be a factor. Or maybe I'm just being pessimistic.

Sato has been really quick in testing, faster than Bourdais and Buemi, and the've asked him back for more testing. I was really impressed with him at Super Aguri, seemed a changed driver since his Jordan and BAR/Honda days. And regularly outpaced Davidson, who I rate highly.

Good call on Stoddart, would love to see him back in the sport (though may be less entertaining if Mosely is gone by then), and on Toro Rosso too, though at least they have a couple of years to find another owner or loophole.

Uncertain times.
mash

Back to top Go down

Post  Wilkesandliberty on Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:28 pm

Throw in the BBC getting rights to the Sport......

Wilkesandliberty
Mod
Mod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum