My first rugby match

Go down

My first rugby match

Post  Punk Girl on Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:55 am

I'm going to watch Bristol v Toulon on Friday night. I know Bristol are shit but I'm looking forward to it! Cool

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://www.gashed.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Re: My first rugby match

Post  pinkhandbag IV on Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:07 am

You've never been to rugby before!!??

I like union better than league, much more violence, just dive on in there Twisted Evil
pinkhandbag IV
Mod
Mod

View user profile http://www.engplas.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  ROONEY on Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:48 am

Wrong shaped ball ffs.

League winning pretty hard over Union tho. Union a load of ra-ra kick and clap bollocks, league a proper mans northern sport smug
ROONEY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  pinkhandbag IV on Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:44 pm

Pat Mustard wrote:Wrong shaped ball ffs.

League winning pretty hard over Union tho. Union a load of ra-ra kick and clap bollocks, league a proper mans northern sport smug

Nah played properly union is better, none of this stopping after every tackle, just dive the fuck in and smack some heads.
pinkhandbag IV
Mod
Mod

View user profile http://www.engplas.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  ROONEY on Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:42 pm

pinkhandbag IV wrote:
Pat Mustard wrote:Wrong shaped ball ffs.

Nah played properly union is better, none of this stopping after every tackle, just dive the fuck in and smack some heads.

But the main intention of the game is to kick the ball out of play... KICKING THE BALL OFF THE PLAYING FIELD IS CONSIDERED A GOOD THING! It's just plain fucking wrong. Evil or Very Mad
ROONEY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  cosmic scouser 192 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:40 pm

no it's not.

and this year there's even less kicking into touch cos the only decent ELV allows more flexibility with quick line outs (there when the ball leaves the pitch and instead of having a fucking scrum they just throw it back in)

Bristol are only shit this year. they were good when i was living down there. nearly finished top four last year. surprised you're crossing to the dark side and visiting the Mem though saber

centenary terrace is the best place to stand, but you need to be there a good half hour before kick off to ensure a decent speck. two pinter mugs are the way forward!
cosmic scouser 192
Hardcore
Hardcore

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimi A on Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:33 pm

I have managed to live my entire life and never ever have I played a game of Rugby. Not once. Not in PE. Not with some mates as a laugh. Not even a LCD handheld computer game. I have never, ever, played Rugby. And I am sure my life is far richer for it.

I have a motto shared by many; Try everything once apart from incest and morris dancing. To that I have also added playing Rugby. I haven't ever drank the piss of a dog or licked the leasions of a sick and dying hobo but I am willing to give it a go so as to enrich my life being giving it more diverse experiences and so enabling me to better understand the universe and my place in it by being equiped with a more varied past. But I cannot see what good playing Rugby would bring to my life.
Jimi A
Semi-hardcore
Semi-hardcore

Location : >>The abattoirs of interzone that are hidden in the streamed hegemony of bourgeois consciousness///.

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/jimia

Back to top Go down

Post  cosmic scouser 192 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:42 pm

there's a hell of a lot of people who've never played, most schools don't play it unless there's a strong rugby connection with the school or local area.

that said it's a fantastic sport, great for releasing pent up aggression (and latent homosexual frustration) and as with any sport it keeps you fit (unless you're a prop forward or hooker). despite appearances there is a great deal of skill involved (even in league, which despite being a helmet away from american football does produce one decent play every twenty or so games)

i did consider starting to play again at uni, but all the rugby boys at uni are tossers, and they (and rowing) are the worst clubs when it comes to initiations so i couldn't be arsed joining
may look into it again in a few years once my shoulder's fixed and i'm working full time
cosmic scouser 192
Hardcore
Hardcore

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  INTERNET MALE on Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:47 pm

basically no skill involved at school level, just pick the 10 lads who've grown fully by the age of 15 and fill the rest of the team with the fastest runners. no tactics involved at all beyond that

THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
INTERNET MALE
Mod
Mod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimi A on Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:49 pm

cosmic scouser 192 wrote:there's a hell of a lot of people who've never played, most schools don't play it unless there's a strong rugby connection with the school or local area.

that said it's a fantastic sport, great for releasing pent up aggression (and latent homosexual frustration) and as with any sport it keeps you fit (unless you're a prop forward or hooker). despite appearances there is a great deal of skill involved (even in league, which despite being a helmet away from american football does produce one decent play every twenty or so games)

i did consider starting to play again at uni, but all the rugby boys at uni are tossers, and they (and rowing) are the worst clubs when it comes to initiations so i couldn't be arsed joining
may look into it again in a few years once my shoulder's fixed and i'm working full time

It was mandatory at my school, I even had the uniform for it. But I had no wish to get a crooked nose and cauliflower ears so I waited for ages in the changing rooms on the first day I did it till the PE teacher came in to get the dawdlers and very obviously started to piss in the showers. The Rugby teacher decided I was a "Sick little puppy" and didn't want much to do with me. Result.
Jimi A
Semi-hardcore
Semi-hardcore

Location : >>The abattoirs of interzone that are hidden in the streamed hegemony of bourgeois consciousness///.

Back to top Go down

Post  cosmic scouser 192 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:00 pm

INTERNET MALE wrote:basically no skill involved at school level, just pick the 10 lads who've grown fully by the age of 15 and fill the rest of the team with the fastest runners. no tactics involved at all beyond that

well yeh, and it's these 15/20 lads from each school who then go on to form the uni rugby clubs, hence the fact they're full of cunts

Jimi, the chance of any of that happening at schoolboy level is minute, you're too small for the pack so your ears are safe Twisted Evil and you've as much chance of getting your nose broken playing footy (as happened to me and my brother) if not more
cosmic scouser 192
Hardcore
Hardcore

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimi A on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:02 pm

cosmic scouser 192 wrote:
INTERNET MALE wrote:basically no skill involved at school level, just pick the 10 lads who've grown fully by the age of 15 and fill the rest of the team with the fastest runners. no tactics involved at all beyond that

well yeh, and it's these 15/20 lads from each school who then go on to form the uni rugby clubs, hence the fact they're full of cunts

Jimi, the chance of any of that happening at schoolboy level is minute, you're too small for the pack so your ears are safe Twisted Evil and you've as much chance of getting your nose broken playing footy (as happened to me and my brother) if not more

Most of the broken noses seemed to happen during Hockey at my school. Also a lot of broken ankles. Good times.
Jimi A
Semi-hardcore
Semi-hardcore

Back to top Go down

Post  cosmic scouser 192 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:05 pm

we were only allowed to play hockey once in my school, rugby i didn't mind cos i liked the game, we didn't do footy, cricket i liked even though i was shit, and i hated athletics/cross country but couldn't get out of it
cosmic scouser 192
Hardcore
Hardcore

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimi A on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:17 pm

cosmic scouser 192 wrote:we were only allowed to play hockey once in my school, rugby i didn't mind cos i liked the game, we didn't do footy, cricket i liked even though i was shit, and i hated athletics/cross country but couldn't get out of it

I got caught hiding in a bush during Cross Cunt-tree, as I liked to call it, as the start and the finish were at the same place. I'd do it every week as the PE teachers would do the run with us so I'd just hop out as people started to pass me. The teachers tended to be at the back to make sure everyone was accounted for and to try and motivate the fat kids at the end to keep going. Imagine Private Pile in Full Metal Jacket and you get the idea. I was caught by my Maths teacher and didn't know what to say due to the embarresement of being caught huddled with my arms round my knees in shorts and a Nike Air t-shirt so I paniced and told him that I had been smoking a cigarette as I thought this sounded less stupid. Needless to say I ended up in a lot more trouble than I would have done had I just said what I was really upto. It wasn't another two and a half years till I actually did have my first cig..
Jimi A
Semi-hardcore
Semi-hardcore

Back to top Go down

Post  Punk Girl on Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:22 am

cosmic scouser 192 wrote:centenary terrace is the best place to stand, but you need to be there a good half hour before kick off to ensure a decent speck. two pinter mugs are the way forward!

That's where we're standing! I will always be a football girl first and foremost but any sport that you can watch while drinking pints definitely interests me...

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  cosmic scouser 192 on Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:35 am

Jimi A wrote:
cosmic scouser 192 wrote:we were only allowed to play hockey once in my school, rugby i didn't mind cos i liked the game, we didn't do footy, cricket i liked even though i was shit, and i hated athletics/cross country but couldn't get out of it

I got caught hiding in a bush during Cross Cunt-tree, as I liked to call it, as the start and the finish were at the same place. I'd do it every week as the PE teachers would do the run with us so I'd just hop out as people started to pass me. The teachers tended to be at the back to make sure everyone was accounted for and to try and motivate the fat kids at the end to keep going. Imagine Private Pile in Full Metal Jacket and you get the idea. I was caught by my Maths teacher and didn't know what to say due to the embarresement of being caught huddled with my arms round my knees in shorts and a Nike Air t-shirt so I paniced and told him that I had been smoking a cigarette as I thought this sounded less stupid. Needless to say I ended up in a lot more trouble than I would have done had I just said what I was really upto. It wasn't another two and a half years till I actually did have my first cig..

haha. we tended just to have to run around the school's grounds in the woods that lined the place. avoiding the glitter-a-likes as we went.

once a year we had an inter-class which we had to run outside the school for and i managed to come about 5th one year despite not even trying til the home straight and at least 20 lads who actually wanted to win pushing all the way round. think i just got bored of the conversation i was having with the other tail enders
cosmic scouser 192
Hardcore
Hardcore

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Punk Girl on Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:10 am

The rugby was awesome Very Happy

And Bristol won! Very Happy

I did forget where I was though and shout "Woooooooooooooooooosh!" when someone did a big kick Embarassed Laughing

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  itskristina on Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:54 am

i love watching rugby. its such a turn on.
itskristina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Punk Girl on Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:08 pm

itskristina wrote:i love watching rugby. its such a turn on.

Definitely Cool

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  cosmic scouser 192 on Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:01 pm

Punk Girl wrote:The rugby was awesome Very Happy

And Bristol won! Very Happy

I did forget where I was though and shout "Woooooooooooooooooosh!" when someone did a big kick Embarassed Laughing

Right, you're going more often, that's the first win of the season you're obviously a good luck charm.

Shame they're not in the Heineken cup again this year, went to see them play the pink shirts last season, great game, and loads of people walking round with barrels of heineken on their backs. bit more expensive than the bar, but easier to get served clown
cosmic scouser 192
Hardcore
Hardcore

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down